Monday

Moore's 9/11

I saw Moore's film some time ago, and just like everybody else who has, it seems there is something I'd like to say about it. It's a well-made documentary film, the ultimate in docutainment. I enjoyed watching it. I came out of the theatre with a sentence in my head. I'd like to quote it verbatim, but I'm not sure I can remember it fully. It went something like, "You always think you know, everybody thinks they know, until it happens to you."

The lady who's at the centre of the film said those words. She had been for war, but the pain of losing a child changed her mind, and now is against war. Simple enough. But that's just the point. If you don't know, it remains simple enough; it is a pity that we have to know to understand.

That's what I remember most of all about Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. This lady's... this family's pain and the realisation that came to them upon knowing. If you haven't seen the film, do so. If you don't like Michael Moore, do so anyway. What have you got to lose?