The history of the National University of Lesotho can be traced back to 1945, when a Catholic University College was founded in Roma by the Roman Catholic authorities of southern Africa. The institution soon teamed up with others in Botswana and Swaziland to form U.B.L.S., the University of Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland. The present National University of Lesotho came into being in 1975 at the site of the former U.B.L.S., which was itself preceded by the Pius XII University College.
University of Wisconsin
Thomas Mofolo Library